Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm Back and More Motivated Than Ever

"Don't let the urgent get in way of the important."
(Kay Yow)

            Last summer, I had high hopes when I started this blog.  I wanted to share my success, my trials and the lessons I have learned.  But, I let “stuff” get in the way.  I let this “stuff” stress me out to the point that I was too tired to pick up a pen and write down my stories.
            Unfortunately, I think this happens to a lot of educators.  We become overwhelmed with “stuff” and lose sight of what’s really important…
…our passion for teaching
…the kids we teach
…and our personal health.
            I’m going to try my very best to not let that happen any more.  I have a voice and I believe it needs to be heard.
            So, as Emeli Sandé says in her song, "I wanna sing, I wanna shout.  I wanna scream til the words dry out."  
I look forward to sharing my voice with you.  Welcome back to the Middle School Chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment